Re^2: Font problem, Xdvi, quite urgent.

From: Amelie Zapf
Subject: Re^2: Font problem, Xdvi, quite urgent.
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 09:32:44 +0200

Mats wrote:
> Do you use the environment variable settings in
> lilypond-1.x.xx/buildscripts/out/lilypond-profile
> (installed in /etc/profile.d/ if you install the Lilypond RPM)?
> I myself use the alternative described in
> http://lilypond.org/wiki/?LilyPondFaqs to link the Lilypond
> MF directory to the local texmf tree,
> /usr/share/texmf.local/fonts/source/lilypond.

I use lilypond-profile.sh, but the other method doesn't work, either.

> If you get it right, you should be able to run e.g.
> lilypond myfile.ly
> tex myfile.tex
> xdvi myfile.dvi
> dvips myfile.dvi

That is the problem, I don't get it right. And even if I kill off all the
.tfm and pk's on my machine, I still have the same problem. Something always
hangs around. Is there a way to _completely_ start over with the fonts? I'd
gladly do that, I have to get some work done.

> An alternative for dvips is to use the Type1 fonts and say
> dvips -Ppdf -ulilypond.map
> If you make PDF files, that's the preferred option, but of course
> you should have a working font setup anyway.

>    /Mats

everything tried, nothing works. I'd be glad to know a bit more about
Lilypond's font handling, (read: what goes where at what time).

Amy

--
The New Testament offers the basis for modern computer coding theory,
in the form of an affirmation of the binary number system.

        But let your communication be Yea, yea; nay, nay: for
        whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
                -- Matthew 5:37