Re: simple change moves lyrics???

From: Amelie Zapf
Subject: Re: simple change moves lyrics???
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 10:20:02 +0200

Hi Brian,

concerning your compile problem: can you send a piece of code to reproduce
the error on?

This staff thing is pretty straightforward.

- a staff is a line of music not bracketed with anything.
- a choir staff is several lines bracketed together with
  a [ style bracket, but with the bar lines not intercon-
  nected between lines.
- a staff group is just like choir staff, except the bar
  lines are connected.
- a piano staff is two lines connected with a curly {
  bracket. Switching between lines is easy, bar lines run
  through.

Here's score instructions from one of my files. Note how the first staff gets
the tag \context Lyrics = bottom. That means, below the first staff. Top
would do the opposite. All the other staffs get a tag \context Lyrics =
<astaffname>. That causes lyrics to be printed under the mentioned staff with
the time bookkeeping taken from the \addlyrics assignment. Even the
pathological is possible. Maybe you can take it from there:

Key = \notes \key f \major

\score {
    \context ChoirStaff = chorus <
        \context Staff = highTenors <
            \property Staff.instrument = "Tenor I"
            \property Staff.instr = "T I"
            \property Staff.midiInstrument = "alto sax"
            \property Staff.automaticMelismata = ##t
            \Key
            \clef "G_8"
            \addlyrics
            \context Voice = tenorOne {\voiceOne \tenorOneVoice}
            \context Lyrics = bottom \tenorTwoLyrics
            \context Voice = tenorTwo {\voiceTwo \tenorTwoVoice}

        \context Staff = lowTenors <
            \property Staff.instrument = "Tenor II"
            \property Staff.instr = "T II"
            \property Staff.automaticMelismata = ##t
            \property Staff.midiInstrument = "tenor sax"
            \Key
            \clef "G_8"
            \addlyrics
            \context Voice = tenorThree \tenorThreeVoice
            \context Lyrics = lowTenors \tenorThreeLyrics

        \context Staff = baritones <
            \property Staff.instrument = "Baritone"
            \property Staff.instr = "Bar."
            \property Staff.automaticMelismata = ##t
            \property Staff.midiInstrument = "tenor sax"
            \Key
            \clef bass
            \context Voice = baritoneOne {\voiceOne \baritoneOneVoice}
            \addlyrics
            \context Voice = baritoneTwo {\voiceTwo \baritoneTwoVoice}
            \context Lyrics = baritones \baritoneTwoLyrics

        \context Staff = basses <
            \property Staff.instrument = "Bass"
            \property Staff.instr = "Bass"
            \property Staff.midiInstrument = "baritone sax"
            \property Staff.automaticMelismata = ##t
            \Key
            \clef bass
            \addlyrics
            \context Voice = bass \bassVoice
            \context Lyrics = basses \bassLyrics

    \midi {
        \tempo 4=124
    }
    \paper {
        linewidth = 15.0\cm
        \translator {
            \ScoreContext
            BarNumber \override #'padding = #3
            skipBars = ##t

Am Samstag 27 Oktober 2001 07:04 schrieben Sie: