Re: Enharmonic Transposition

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Enharmonic Transposition
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 16:07:12 +0100

(forgot to cc list)

Den 29-Oct-01 skrev Adam Tee:

AT> I am tranposing some music for a band that I play in however the true
AT> transposition takes the part into c# major. However, in the original score
AT> a similar Bb part is notated in Db major which is the enharmonic
AT> equivalent. My question is : Is it possible to do this type of enharmonic
AT> transposition?

Lilypond transpose command works by stating where you want c' to end up after
transposing... If you transposes cis to des then c ends up at deses - and
hence

\transpose deses' \musicInCis

will produce music in des.

to go from des to cis you do

\transpose bis \musicInDes

Please write again if I've misunderstood.

-Rune