Another silly font question

From: ben . tordoff
Subject: Another silly font question
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 13:32:08 +0000 (GMT)

I've been using Lily for about two years now,
always compiling from source, usually with no
problems. Having not had time to do any
typesetting for six months or so I thought it was
time to get back to it, and set about installing
the latest 'stable' rpm (Redhat7.1). This is on a
completely vanilla installation of the OS.

After sticking in the RPM, I tried to re-compile
some of my old scores, only to find that it can't
find most of the fonts. I then uninstalled the RPM
and tried from the latest source tarball - again
no fonts. I've scanned the FAQ and the last month
or so of this list and can't find anything
helpful, so the question is:

does anyone know what step I'm missing? I used to
have no problems with the 1.3.xxx series, but
perhaps there is an extra config step that isn't
in the install guide (a PATH setting perhaps?),
and which I can't remember from my previous linux box?

Thanks in advance

Ben Tordoff

This mail sent through UK Online webmail