guile-config

From: Alan McConnell
Subject: guile-config
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 12:10:40 -0500

Greetings!

I have started with lilypond a couple of days ago and hope to get good
at it.  To show my earnestness of purpose<g>, I went to the gnu site,
downloaded, compiled, and installed gcc-3.0, in order to have a C++
compiler(don't try this unless you have lots of disk space and several
hours to compile it!)  I did this in order to build lilypond-1.4.8.

But now my ./configure insists that I need guile-config, which I don't
know anything about.  There has been some discussion about this on the
wiki, I saw, but it seems only relevant to RedHat people, whereas I am
a Debian Woody person.

Anyway, any help with guile/guile-config will be much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Alan, who looks forward to working with lilypond

--
Alan McConnell     We are bombing Afghanistan in order to get rid of the
Pixel Analysis     Taliban who -- allegedly -- are sheltering ObL who --