Re: request for a template

From: Ian Bailey-Mortimer
Subject: Re: request for a template
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 17:21:59 +1000

Hi Jeff (and lilyponders),

> I was hoping that someone could forward me a template or two for making
> standard church-choir type music layout.  You know what I mean:
> So, if someone has a template/song around that they wouldn't mind
> forwarding to me to use as a starting point, I would really appreciate it.
> I would learn so much about the right way to format stuff, and get some
> nice results faster as well.

This doesn't meet all your requirements (for example, only one line of
lyrics), but it should get you started.
http://imb02.maths.uq.edu.au/~mortian/music/bach/jesu/urtext/

You will need most of the .ly files; ly2dvi choir2.ly should give you the
kind of score you want. Note, 1.4.8 gives me lots of warnings about tuplets,
because of the way I have matched the 3/4 and 9/8 rhythms, which I ignore.

For anyone interested, I have arranged the same for string quartet.
http://imb02.maths.uq.edu.au/~mortian/music/bach/jesu/quartet/

Enjoy!

Ian
Ian Bailey-Mortimer <address@hidden>  <_><