Re: Compile Troubles

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Compile Troubles
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 21:19:28 +0100

>     Jan> Any tips on how to avoid this (apart from searchable
> mailarchives...)?
>
> One thing I sometimes wish we had was a search of the complete
> documentation.  I know google indexes it all, but when I go to the
> documentation page and look at the table of contents and the index and
> don't see anything that's clearly relevant, sometimes I'd like to
> search just the lilypond documentation.

In this specific case, the information was in INSTALL.txt,
- exactly the place I'd look if I had problems installing
any new program.

In general, I have to admit that I very often use grep
in Documentation/user/* and in
/Documentation/user/out/lilypond-internals.texi to
find the answer to different questions. Even better,
often, is to search in input/*/*.ly or look in
the regression test document for an example of some feature.

  /Mats