Re: Windows version of lilypond

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Windows version of lilypond
Date: 07 Nov 2001 09:10:16 +0100

Richard Benson <address@hidden> writes:

> I am a very inexperienced user of the program, but need some guidance. I have
> been following the tutorial and trying to get results with the Windows
> version of the program. Every time I try to process/compile a text file, I
> get the following error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>
> File “/usr/lilypond-1.4.7.jcn2/bin/ly2dvi.py”, line 69, import resource
>
> ImportError: No module named resource
>
> It is probably something very obvious, but could someone help me?  How many
> of you out there are using the Windows version, and what problems are you
> having?

Amazing.  The previous message on the list had exactly the same question.

Comment-out the line that imports resource, like this:

    /usr/lilypond-1.4.8/bin/ly2dvi.py:
    # import resource

Btw, there's a special page in the wiki for windows specific problems:

    http://lilypond.org/wiki/?TroubleshootingWindows

I'm curious, do people through this month's mail archives at all,
before posting?

Jan.