Cyrillic

From: Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy
Subject: Cyrillic
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 23:21:44 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Sorry if this's been asked before, I'm new to lilypond and somewhat
ignorant on TeX/LaTeX.

I am trying to add Cyrillic Lyrics (now there's a mouthful!).
I figured out that to make LaTex understand russian characters, I can put

\usepackage[T2A]{fontenc}
\usepackage[koi8-r]{inputenc}
\usepackage[russian]{babel}

at the beginning of the file.

So then I figred the way to do this is via lilypond-book. The problem is
that outside \begin/\end{lilypond} russian characters work just fine, but
for the russian letters inside {lilypond}, when running lilypond-book I
get:

[snip]
Calculating column positions... warning: can't find ascii character: 238
warning: can't find ascii character: 193
warning: can't find ascii character: 219
warning: can't find ascii character: 226
[snip]

This is lilypond 1.4.8 on FreeBSD, with teTeX from the latest ports
update.

If anyone has any advice or pointers, I would *very* much appreciate them.

Grisha