Lyrics alignment

From: Bas Wassink
Subject: Lyrics alignment
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 11:49:39 +0000

Can someone help me with the horizontal alignment of syllables ? I've tried several ways to set/override the alignment, but I can't figure out the exact syntaxis (The online reference is a bit fuzzy on this.)

Also I'd like to report a bug (?): When using '--' in Lyrics-mode between to syllables seperated by a barline, the '--' is accounted for in time, while it should just fill up space between the syllables.

(I'm using Lilypond 1.4.8)

Thanks in advance,
Bas Wassink.