Double notes

From: James Wilkinson
Subject: Double notes
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 23:34:00 +0000 (GMT)

Hi there.

I've been using Lilypond for a while, but there's one thing I can't get to
work.

I have two voices on a stave. Call the voices soprano and alto (I'm
writing sheet music for a four part choir). If the soprano and alto are
both singing a minim (half-note) G (for example), then you correctly get
one head, with one stem going up, and one stem tail going down. (Always
assuming that you use \stemUp and \stemDown.

However, when they both sing a semibreve (whole note) C, there are
obviously no stems. In "normal" printed music, you have *two* C
semibreves, touching, both on the C (ledger) line.

How do I get this effect in Lilypond?

Thanks in advance,

James.

--
James Wilkinson       Home: address@hidden
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and