Re: pp subitio

From: David Boersma
Subject: Re: pp subitio
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 12:02:40 +0100 (MET)

Hi!

> > HWN> It would be neat if we had a section like "Tips and tricks" that that
[...snip...]
> > HWN> input/test/ directory is completely filled with snippets like  the
[...snip...]
> > see http://lilypond.org/wiki/?LilyPondHacks
[...snip...]
> Yes, and we have even more examples in the regression test

The problem with 'hacks' and 'test' and 'regression test' is that the
regular user will associate these things as something for the developers,
not something for the ordinary user; and even if you are courageous
enough, what guarantee do you have that a 'hack' will also work in
versions of Lilypond other than yours (or the hacker's)?

Including the snippets in a 'Tips & Tricks' section would make an enormous
psychological difference, I think, provided they are well-tested (and if
there is any lilyversion issue, give the validity range, etc.);
experimental hacks should go somewhere else.

David Boersma