Re: RPM packagas for Mandrake?

From: J. David Blackstone
Subject: Re: RPM packagas for Mandrake?
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 12:32:48 -0600

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for lilypond 2.4.9 RPM packages for Linux Mandrake. The last one
> I know is lilypond version 2.4.2. A SPEC file would also help.
>
> Thanks
> Martin

  There is a spec file somewhere in the Lilypond distribution, but I'm
not sure if there needs to be anything different for Mandrake or not.

  For RedHat, I found building the rpm with the spec file worked
better than compiling everything myself (built the documentation for
me and everything).

  Can't quite remember where the file is, but you can

$ cd lilypond-2.4.9
$ find . -name '*.spec' -print

  Can't remember where I first heard this, but some piece of
documentation, either on the web or in the distribution, mentioned it
and also gave the instructions for building it.  (Which was good for
me because I'd never built an rpm before.)

jdb