Re: Invoking Lilypond

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Invoking Lilypond
Date: 02 Dec 2001 12:56:10 +0100

Martijn Vromans <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Martijn,

> I tried to 'compile' the file test.ly, but it didn't work. I use
> Lilypond for Windows. The file is included as an attachment. It's
> the file from the tutorial.  When I type
>
> ly2dvi -P test.ly

Ok.

> I see this:
> warning: can't find file: 'Vromans'
> warning: can't find file: '-H'
[..]
> warning: no lilypond output found for /home/M.P. Vromans/test
> Running LaTeX. . .

Ah, there's a space character in your path.  (La)TeX can't handle file
names with spaces (and neither does ly2dvi, currently).  Try running
from a path without spaces, eg /tmp.

I think it would be good for ly2dvi to check for this.

> Apparently, the program couldn't fine my file. The location of the
> file is: C: \cygwin\test.ly

Hmm, why is /home/M.P. Vromans/test == c:/cygwin?  Sadly, you may
get into more trouble if cygwin itself is istalled in a path with
spaces.

Jan.