Rest Collision

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Rest Collision
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 17:13:44 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> I cannot begin to tell you how disappointed I was to finish this simple
> two part arrangement, which does considerable violence to Haendel but
> is made very easy for beginners, to find that the augmentation dots are
> not down when \stemDowm is in effect. What possible reason could there

\stemDown does exactly what it says: it puts the stems down, whereas \dotsDown
puts the dots down. If you want something to be voice two, then use
\voiceTwo

> When you have music in three parts on one staff and there is a rest in
> the middle part, that rest *must* stay in the middle no matter what. If
>[..]

Yes, the rest-collision code is broken; it doesn't look at where the
rests are  coming from, merely what other stem directions are found at
that point. Patches are appreciated.