New Chapter in Struggle to Build Lilypond

From: Jack J. Woehr
Subject: New Chapter in Struggle to Build Lilypond
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 16:42:02 -0700

I'm now trying to build Lilypond on a more modern and better configured
Solaris machine.

I have built Guile and teTeX successfully. Now, however,
I'm stuck back in lilypond configuration. Configure bombs very
early in the present environment (gcc 2.95.3, bash 2.05a, Solaris 8 + patches):

[16:16:23
address@hidden:/usr/local/src/various/lilypond-stuff/lilypond-1.5.25]$ configure
checking Package... LILYPOND
checking builddir... .
checking for stepmake... ./stepmake  (${prefix}/share/stepmake not found)
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking for gmake... gmake
checking for find... find
checking for tar... tar
checking for bash... /usr/local/bin/bash
checking for python... /usr/local/bin/python
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  -L/usr/local/teTeX/lib) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  -L/usr/local/teTeX/lib) is a
cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for IEEE-conformance compiler flags... none
checking for assert.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking whether stat file-mode macros are broken... no
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for c++... c++
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++ -I/usr/local/teTeX/include
-L/usr/local/teTeX/lib) works... yes
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++ -I/usr/local/teTeX/include
-L/usr/local/teTeX/lib) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C++... yes
checking whether c++ accepts -g... yes
checking for FlexLexer.h... yes
checking g++ version... 2.95.3
checking whether explicit instantiation is needed... no
checking for bison... bison -y
checking for bison... bison
checking for flex... flex
./configure: test: unknown operator (GNU

--
Jack J. Woehr      # The man who carries a cat by the tail
Senior Consultant  #   learns something that can be learned