"Warning: Huh? Melismatic note found to have associated lyrics."

From: Carl Gibbons
Subject: "Warning: Huh? Melismatic note found to have associated lyrics."
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 18:24:41 -0700 (MST)

Hi!  I'm trying to typeset vocal counterpoint.  So far, I can
successfully compile the following inane canon with ly2dvi, but
it complains "warning: Huh? Melismatic note found to have associated
lyrics."  I don't understand: what does this warning mean?  - Carl

\score {
  \simultaneous {
    \context Staff = voiceistaff {
      \addlyrics
      \notes \relative c {
        \clef F \key c \major \time 4/4
        \property Voice.automaticMelismata = ##t
        c4 d e () f | g2 r
      }
      \context Lyrics = voiceilyric \lyrics { This is voice __ one. }
    }
    \context Staff = voiceiistaff {
      \addlyrics
      \notes \relative c {
        \clef F \key c \major \time 4/4
        \property Voice.automaticMelismata = ##t
        r2 c4 d | e () f g2
      }
      \context Lyrics = voiceiilyric \lyrics { This is voice __ two. }