Repeat barline

From: Jérémie Lumbroso
Subject: Repeat barline
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 11:59:18 +0100

Hi,

  I  was wondering, when copying old music, I found out that
  it was a bit untasteful and complicated to convert all the
  repeats  to  "modern" system. Composers didn't bother with
  alternate endings, they just used to cut measures where it
  suited them best.

  I haven't figured out a way yet to but a \bar ":|:", with-
  out  creating a new measure. Isn't possible to insert this
  in  the middle of a measure, without using any tricks like
  \times (and without using the \repeat and \alternative)?

    e16 | [a8 b c d] | [g d e fis] | fis4 fis,4 | c8 d g8. \bar ":|:" fis16 |

  Jérémie