Re: Lyrics without addlyrics

From: Ben McGunigle
Subject: Re: Lyrics without addlyrics
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 14:47:26 -0700

Ben McGunigle wrote:

> Where do I find the docs on using lyrics without \addlyrics?  I need to
> insert a sizeable rest/space in the lyrics line. r and s obviously won't
> work.  \addlyrics is too limiting for what I wish to do (part
> homophonic, part polyphonic).
>
> Thanks for your help.  Please CC off list.
>
> Ben

Ugh.  Found what I was looking for right in front of my nose.

What I really should have asked:  In the attached file, the different
sections of lyrics appear on different lines.  How do I get them all on one
line?  How do I convince one (or more) chunk of text to appear above the
staff?

\include "paper16.ly"

nt = \notes \transpose c'' \context Voice = nt {
  \property Voice.automaticMelismata = ##t
  c8 () cis d8. e16 f2
}
x = \lyrics {
a b c d
}

y = \lyrics {

 do4 re mi fa

}

\score
{
 <

  {
        \context Staff = ooo
        {
                \notes
                {
                        <

                        \context Lyrics = aq {  }
                        \context Voice  = aw {  }
                        \addlyrics
                         \context Voice = aw {\relative c'' a b c d}
                         \context Lyrics = aq {\x}

                        <

                        \context Lyrics = lb {  }
                        \context Voice = vb {  }
                        \addlyrics
                         \context Voice = vb {\nt}
                         \context Lyrics = lb {\y}

                        <
                        \context Lyrics = xx { ddoaf4 asdfv fadf dads }
                        {a a a a}

  \paper { }