Mismatched notes

From: david wynn
Subject: Mismatched notes
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 13:06:34

I have a piece of piano music I'm trying to enter into lilypond. In the midst of this piece, the treble clef has some mismatched notes -- like a whole note with two half notes under it. What's the best way to handle this? I'm sure there's something I could do with combining parts, but would I have to combine parts for the whole piece just to accommodate this one anomaly? Or does lilypond have some other special feature that I've overlooked?

David Wynn