Instructions difficult to follow

From: Guus Wijte
Subject: Instructions difficult to follow
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:23:32 -0500

Your website instructions are horrendously difficult to follow.

I have downloaded an dinstalled lilypond for windows.

When I click the icon, following window appears :

Therafter : who knows what to do.

Whatever I type - like the commands suggested in the tutorial,it comes back with : unknown command.

Is there not a tutorial avalable that shows, step by step, with pictures added, how to go through the whole process?

I mean, it also says : Windows Notepad should suffice. Bit what then should the file extension be?

How do I retrieve/read a file into lilypond in DOS mode?

Too many questions to try to figure out, especially since this is a DOS program.

Can you help me?

Thanks, Guus Wijte.

[I have reverted back to pencil + paper in the meantime].