Re: LilyPond for windows now tetex based

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: LilyPond for windows now tetex based
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 19:19:58 +0100

Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> writes:

> Also, it didn't install Lilypond+friends by default, just
> an "ordinary" cygwin. When I added Lilypond with dependencies
> to the list, it runs the post-install scripts and after a
> while it complains about a missing library cygz.dll needed
> for pdftex. The latter problem is more of an inconvenience,
> Lilypond runs well.

Thanks for testing this all.  I'm sorry for all this brokenness.

To make things worse, I'm going on vacation tomorrow afternoon and
will be off line for a week.

Maybe there's something I can do, but I've got not very much time to
figure everything out.

To summarize:

   * setup.exe doesn't work
     status: can't reproduce
     solution: rename new-setup.exe -> setup.exe
   * cygz.dll dependency
     status: silly oversight, dependency already listed in setup.ini
     solution: just add to mirror
   * cygcrypt.dll depedency
     status: huh?  where did we pick this up?  what executables/dlls
             depend on this?
     solution1: add dependency to openssl to cygwin package
                add openssl package to mirror
     solution2: investigate, get rid of this dependency, if possible.
                but how?  cygwin-1.3.9 is now latest, and was added
                to the mirror.  would reverting to cygwin-1.3.6 get
                rid of this dependency?  would we want to revert
                (people will want to upgrade from cygwin.com anyway,
                and get in trouble)?

Is that all, would this help?

Thanks,
Jan.