Re: LilyPond for windows now tetex based

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: LilyPond for windows now tetex based
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 23:51:02 +0100

Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> writes:

>>    * setup.exe doesn't work
>>      status: can't reproduce
>>      solution: rename new-setup.exe -> setup.exe
> OK!

Done.

>>    * cygz.dll dependency
>>      status: silly oversight, dependency already listed in setup.ini
>>      solution: just add to mirror
> OK!

Done.

>>    * cygcrypt.dll depedency
>>      status: huh?  where did we pick this up?  what executables/dlls
>>              depend on this?
> I didn't experience these problems when trying to install today.

Hmm.  I think there were two msg on this list about that.  Did yoy
already have openssl (because of ssh, eg) installed?  It would be good
not to do this, because it's about 1MB extra.

Oops.  The latest python (2.2) has the openssl requirement right
there, in the requires: settings.

Well, I'll leave the dependency there, then.  Tough.  I'll have to
look into it I get back, probably.  We could choose to provide only
python-2.1, but again, that would break when people upgrade from
cygwin.com.

> How about the problem that Lilypond itself wasn't included
> in the default setup?

I don't know, maybe that's a new bug/feature of the latest setup
snapshot, that it won't install everything available, but just upgrade
what you already have.  That starts to make some sense.  I'll add a
dependency on LilyPond to the base cygwin pkg, that could help.  Just
hope it doesn't break anything.

> (Note: the OKs above just mean "makes sence", I haven't tested)

OK.  But you did run/test the new-setup.exe, and it did look ok,
right?

Anyway, these fixes should be available now.

Jan.