help on terms

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: help on terms
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:09:16 -0600 (CST)

> What is the musical term for a piece written in a minor key ending on
>  a major chord? I would appreciate your help. Sincerely Jack

Picardy third, assuming you mean that it is ending on a tonic
chord which would otherwise be minor.  If for example a piece
in D minor ended on a C or F chord the term would not apply.

What does that have to do with notation?

Information is not knowledge.           Belief is not truth.
Indoctrination is not teaching.   Tradition is not evidence.
         David Raleigh Arnold   address@hidden