Re: Artificial string harmonics question

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Artificial string harmonics question
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 14:13:13 +0100 (MET)

Citat Chris Lipe <address@hidden>:

> been able to figure out how  to get  a note to have a diamond-shaped
> notehead.  I'm currently using Lilypond 1.4.8.

\score {
  \context Voice \notes <
    \clef F
    \context Thread = main {
      c8 d e f g2 a1
    }
    \context Thread = arti {
      \property Thread.NoteHead \set #'style = #'diamond
      f8 g a b c'2 d'1

see /input/regression/note-head-style.ly for list of available styles.
Notice that I use thread contexts in order to put the different note heads on
the same stems. Thread contexts are contained in voice contexts just like voice
contexts are contained in staff contexts. This means that you can have several
threads in the same voice and hence put them on the same stems.
If you dont need that you can use voice-contexts instead.

-Rune