Re: numbering collision

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: numbering collision
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 14:58:35 +0000

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Thanks for reminding us about the specifics of Guitar
music typeseting but don't forget that there are different typesetting habits for different instruments. In violin parts, for example, I don't think I've ever
seen fingerings in the middle of a stave.

  /Mats

Thank you. I guess you haven't seen string indications in violin music either, or perhaps lilypond would have them? A string indication is a number in a circle or, usually but not always better, a note name in a circle.

The fact that you haven't seen it does not mean that there is anything whatever wrong with it. I am not the one who is being parochial here.

Information is not knowledge.           Belief is not truth.
Indoctrination is not teaching.   Tradition is not evidence.
         David Raleigh Arnold   address@hidden