Re: lilypond - drumpitch adaptation

From: Latawiec Régis
Subject: Re: lilypond - drumpitch adaptation
Date: 27 Feb 2002 21:50:58 +0100

Dear Rune,

Many thanks for your explanations. Now it's clear for me.

1/ I forgot to give the basic information about my box: linux, mandrake
dist 8.1, used rpm version of lilypond 1.4.2.
About me: I am just starting with lilypond... hoping this open source
software will fit to my needs!

2/ I found another issue that you may have already experimented with
drums: I would like to use grace notes (\grace command). I found that as
soon as I indicate lilypond to use drum typesets, grace notes do not
appear: they are shown as two notes played at the same time (since
lilypond considers grace notes with 0 duration). Is it a lilypond
limitation?.

Here is a short example (grace notes are ok if the apply command is
commented.

\include "drumpitch.ly"
\score {
    \notes   {
        \time  4/4
        \clef "percussion"
%       \apply #(drums->paper 'drums)
        { \grace sna8 sna8 }

3/ Special fonts, I would like these features:
        * add a black or white circle above noteheads (of any kind) like 'open'
articulation (this is the left or right hand indication when needed)
        * a triangle, head down side

Regards,

--
Regis