Re: help with installation

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: help with installation
Date: 01 Mar 2002 23:23:37 -0500

    Michael> Laura, I tried you suggestion of 'rpm -Uvh
    Michael> lilypond-1.4.2-1mdk.i586.rpm' and it tells me that there
    Michael> is a missing package of 'libintl.so.1'. So, now there is
    Michael> a new wrinkle.

OK, say:

        urpmf libintl.so.1

and it will tell you what package provides that file (the answer I get
here is libintl1).

Another thing to try, which stopped working for me on 8.0 but may
still work for you is:

        urpmi lilypond

This is supposed to go through the database and find all the
dependencies and install them as well as the  rpm you asked for.  Or
if there are conflicts tell you what they are so you can remove them
if they're things you don't care about, or decide that they don't
matter and go ahead and force the install anyway.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139