auto-accidentals in different octaves

From: Glen Coates
Subject: auto-accidentals in different octaves
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 23:48:02 +1100 (EST)

Hi .. I've just started using Lilypond in conjunction with NoteEdit and
I'm very impressed so far, however one little thing is annoying me.  If I
put an accidental in a bar, lets say high Db, then LP automatically puts a
flat in front of the D's in other octaves, which as any musician will tell
you is not what is automatically implied.  True, some people will
explicitly put a natural in front of other octave D's to emphasise that
they are in fact natural, but LP is making the wrong assumption here.  Is
there any way to turn off this behaviour?

Glen