Octave Higher - almost perfect

From: MrGDAE
Subject: Octave Higher - almost perfect
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 12:22:00 EST

Thanks Luis.  That's what I needed.  However, the dots are spaced too far apart for my taste and they show up very light on GS (haven't tried printing yet)  I am most concerned about the spacing.  I can't seem to figure out what makes the space between the dots so big.

\property Voice.TextSpanner \set #'type = #'dotted-line
\property Voice.TextSpanner \set #'edge-height = #'(0 . 1.5)
\property Voice.TextSpanner \set #'edge-text = #'("8va " . "")
\property Staff.centralCPosition = #-13

At first i thought altering this bit "     #'edge-text = #'("8va " . "")     " would do the trick.  Taking out the space after 8va makes the first dot show up right next to 8va.  Not that I really wanted to do that, just experimenting.  However, taking the spaces out of " . "  making it "."  does not fix my spacing problem.  Obviously, I don't really know what I am doing with this situation, as I just cut and pasted code from the documentation and made it wok for my spot.  I know i am being picky, but if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate them.  Thanks.

Chris