Re: Text clashes with notes and/or slurs

From: Stephen Allsopp
Subject: Re: Text clashes with notes and/or slurs
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 12:05:28 +0100

On Sun, 07 Apr 2002 12:26:50 +0200
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Carter Brey <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > How do I raise text so that it stops covering the notes beneath it ?
> > In the example below, the performance indication "Molto lento" goes
> > straight through the slur and is therefore illegible. I know the
> > solution must include some sort of "/override" command but can't find
> > a specific example.

FWIW, I have found that you can chain multiple text grobs onto a note.
Where text has "bashed" into a note or marking, I've just added an empty
text string to the note with the text label. This forces a blank line
under the text, and "pushes" it up a bit.

Example:

        c^"Molto Allegretto :-)"^""

It's a kludge, I know, and not terribly "structured", but every time I
think like that  I remind myself how much fun writing music out in
longhand can be, and all of a sudden it seems like not so much of a kludge
after all :-)

--
Stephen Allsopp  address@hidden

End of message reached. For your comfort and convenience, we recommend
that you stop reading now.