Re: Text clashes with notes and/or slurs

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Text clashes with notes and/or slurs
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 15:59:03 +0200

There seems to be many solutions around. I usually set the padding
property:
\property Voice.TextScript \override #'padding = #3

The "padding" is simply some extra space between the TextScript
and the note it belongs to (or the staff line). If you want to
use this setting for all text scripts in a score, do the setting
in the \paper section:

\score{
  \paper{
    \translator{
      \ScoreContext
      TextScript \override #'padding = #4

The padding property is also very useful for other graphical
objects ('grobs'), such as BarNumber, RehearsalMark and so on.

   /Mats