Re: Slackware 8.0/kpath.cc undeclared function

From: Pierre
Subject: Re: Slackware 8.0/kpath.cc undeclared function
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:21:39 +0200

On 2002.04.11 17:27 Mats Bengtsson wrote:
I think we have managed to sort out the problems on Slackware 8.0.
It was a silly mistake by me in the FAQ instructions on how to add
search paths. If you set CPPFLAGS instead of CXXFLAGS, configure
will correctly detect kpathsea/kpathsea.h.
To summarize:

>> rm configure.cache

config.cache is better :)

>> export LDFLAGS=-L/usr/share/texmf/lib
>> export CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/share/texmf/include
>> ./configure

Yes it's exactly that.
But it would be better if it could be give ton configure, as for example :

--with-kpathsea-include=/path/to/kpathsea-include
--with-kpathsea-lib=/path/to/kpathsea-lib

(I'm still waiting for a confirmation from Michael who got this
hint in a private email, but I cannot think of some other reason.)

I will add a few lines to INSTALL.txt.

   /Mats

Pierre.