Question about Getting MIDI Output

From: Mel Bellefontaine
Subject: Question about Getting MIDI Output
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 06:43:58 -0700

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen:

I am a new user of Lilypond as of last week.  I love the idea because I have been looking for a way for a blind person to get music into print without sequencing and then having someone else edit the resulting score.  Thanks so much for developing this tool.  Don't ever forget those of us who want and need a text-based interface.

Anyway, here is my question:

I tried to get version 1.4.12 to output MIDI, but when I ran LY2DVI on the source file with a MIDI block in it (copied from the examples in the tutorial), I got a pile of error messages and no output.

What do I do?

Thanks,
Mel Bellefontaine