Help

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Help
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:31:20 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> 2. Apply a brush pattern on it.
> 3. Convert into metafont (.mf file)
> 4. Get 'gf' (Generic font) file after running "mf" command
>       This output I can see using:
>               fontconvert -text filename
>       OR I get .ps file after running:
>               "gftodvi"  and then
>               "dvips"    command.
> 5. Get .bzr file after running "limn" over 'gf' file
> 6. Get .pf3 file after running "bzrto"
> 7. After some further steps, finally I have .gsf, .pf3, .mf, .pfa files
> also.
>
> The problem is, I'm not able to see the outline given by the output of
> 'limn' (or further 'bzrto' and other) command.
>
> Can you help please??

This question is offtopic on this list (unless you're designing music
glyphs :-), but let me answer it nevertheless.  I suggest you use
Pktrace (http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen/pktrace/index.html) to go from MF
to PFA, and then use pfaedit (http://pfaedit.sourceforge.net/) to view
the PFA outline.  You can also draw/design fonts in pfaedit directly.

AFAIK, the fontutils hasn't been maintained/updated for many years now.