Re: Fwd: Re: libkpathsea3 and tetex

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: libkpathsea3 and tetex
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 07:15:53 +0000

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

edit /etc/apt/sources.list
put entries for unstable after testing. Then try apt-get install lilypond/unstable.

That's more or less where this thread started. The problem with
installing a package from unstable is that it relies on a newer
versions of libc and some other packages, which means that many
of the packages will have to be updated as well.
To avoid this trouble and to avoid the risk of getting an "unstable"
system, I proposed in an earlier email to install the lilypond 1.4
package for stable that Anthony has made available at
http://people.debian.org/~foka/lilypond/.

  /Mats

Sorry. It worked very well for me recently. It also has failed to work before. It is absolutely not a sure way, and whether it works or not depends on the state of a lot of other packages, so the situation changes constantly. I found it to be worth a try, that's all. :-)

Information is not knowledge.           Belief is not truth.
Indoctrination is not teaching.   Tradition is not evidence.
         David Raleigh Arnold   address@hidden