Re: need help -- Win98

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: need help -- Win98
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 13:45:18 +0200

"Ruediger Stuible" <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Ruedi,

> I canĀ“t produce any output on my system. OS is Win98. See attachement
> bug.txt and the following lines from the shell after trying to process
> lilytest.ly.
> TIA for any hints to the problem

You included all information, very good.  It's cleary why it doesn't
work: you're using MiKTeX, and that's not supported (any more).

MiKTeX assumes DOS style paths and file names, while (the rest of)
LilyPond uses POSIX style paths and file names.

> lilypond is /usr/lilypond-1.4.12-1/bin/lilypond
> + lilypond --version
> GNU LilyPond 1.4.12

When did you get this, or where did you get this from?  The latest
version is 1.4.12.jcn5.  If you go to

    http://lilypond.org/cygwin

and download + rerun setup.exe, it should install tetex for you.  You
may want to check that indeed tetex-beta and texmf-tiny or texmf-base
are selected.

> + type -p latex
> -p not found
> latex is /cygdrive/c/PROGRAMME/MIKTEX/MIKTEX/BIN/latex
> + type -p latex.exe
> -p not found

If you're a TeX/unix guru, you may get LilyPond to work together with
MiKTeX, but you'll have to write wrapper scripts.

Jan.