building guile

From: Greg Guest
Subject: building guile
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 13:44:07 -0400

Hi,

I am using Lilypond on cygwin and am trying to get it onto my Linux box Mandrake 8.0.  None of the binaries work,
and although I built guile (apparently successfully), when I try to run ./configure in lilypond, it complains that I can't find either libqthreads.so.0 or guile-config

I know this is not a lilypond question, but I'd very much appreciate anyone's help in this matter.

After building guile, I end up with a binary in /bin and a folder in /usr/share

TIA

Greg