Lilypond is pretty good after all!

From: Carlos Garcia Suarez
Subject: Lilypond is pretty good after all!
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 22:22:04 +0200

I am a windows user and far from a Linux guy or a programmer, so I had to stragle to get it all running.

But now I have been able to compare Lilypond printed outputs to other Windows oriented package, even some pretty expensive ones and
Lilypond produces better looking scores, there is no doubt about it. I do not know what it is but I have taken the trouble to transcribe a Bach
piece using three diferent software packages, one of them Lilypond and the other two Windows native software and, after many many hours
of playing arouhnd with all three, Lilypond comes as the best in terms of printed scores and speed to input the score.

The negative aspect is all the ackward ways that need to be used to set up properties to control the layout and the aspect, but I guess I will
get faster at it with time.

I would like to hear other's comment about how they would compare their Lilypond experiences with other software.

Carlos
Madrid