LaTeX woes

From: Greg Guest
Subject: LaTeX woes
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 20:24:11 -0400

Hi all,

I loaded Mandrake 8.2 and Lilypond happily installed, and produced a .tex
output, but LaTeX would not work with it and produced the following error
msg:

address@hidden greg]$ ly2dvi -P w.ly
bash: ly2dvi: command not found
address@hidden greg]$ ly2dvi -P w.ly
Running LilyPond...
GNU LilyPond 1.4.2
Now processing: `/home/greg/w.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...[4]
Preprocessing elements...
Calculating column positions... [3][4]
paper output to `w.tex'...

Analyzing w.tex...
Running LaTeX...
error: latex: command exited with value 32512
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/ly2dvi", line 786, in ?
    run_latex (files, outbase, extra)
  File "/usr/bin/ly2dvi", line 607, in run_latex
    system (cmd)
  File "/usr/bin/ly2dvi", line 313, in system
    error (msg)
  File "/usr/bin/ly2dvi", line 206, in error
    raise _ ("Exiting ... ")
Exiting ...

Perhaps its not worth the trouble solving my problem, since everything works
fine for me in windows.  It just seems kind of silly to use emacs to write
the file lilypond for cygwin to process it and ghostscript to read it all in
a Windows box.

I'm open to any suggestions

thanks
Greg