Re: A bug

From: Ville V Sinkko
Subject: Re: A bug
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 22:58:24 +0300 (EET DST)

On Tue, 7 May 2002, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> address@hidden writes:
> >
> > I have to install it with 'rpm --force --nodeps', because it can't
> > _find_ libguile.so.6! The file exists, it's sitting in /usr/lib just
> > like it should.
>
> libguile.so.6 is GUILE 1.3.4.

Uhm? What do you mean by that?

> If you're installing the RPM from the redhat 7.2 directory, then you're
> doing something wrong, because it is not for mandrake.

I've _never_ run into a Red Hat rpm that doesn't work with Mandrake.

> > And the error still persists. I wonder if I should try compiling it
> > from sources.
>
> Yes please.

Did. No dice. This is what the configure script wheezes with its last
breath:

checking for guile-config... guile-config
configure: warning: cannot execute guile-config
checking if we are cross compiling... NONE-guile-config
configure: warning: cannot execute NONE-guile-config
checking if we are cross compiling... NONE-guile-config
configure: warning: cannot execute NONE-guile-config
checking if we are cross compiling... configure: error: cannot find
guile-config./configure: is: command not found