two time signatures with no intervening notes

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: two time signatures with no intervening notes
Date: 20 May 2002 12:08:09 -0400

Is there a property analogous to:

         \property Staff.forceClef = ##t

which forces lilypond to put in a clef even if it otherwise wouldn't,
that would force it to put in a time signature even if there isn't a
note before the next time signature.  In other words, I want to say
something like:

\time 2/2 \time 3/2

and have both signatures print.

I tried looking in translator-property-description.scm and didn't see
anything.

There's a lot of music where there are two time signatures at the
beginning, to indicate that the time does switch but the notation
isn't going to explicitly indicate where. I need it because that seems
to be the way Susato indicated that he was going to throw some
hemiolas at you.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139
(If I haven't invited you to my party on June 2, I'm sure it's an oversight.)