Performance indications

From: Carter Brey
Subject: Performance indications
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 06:43:15 -0400

Hello--

Here's a question that refers specifically to multi-voice scores. I'm running Lilypond 1.4.13 on a modified RH 7.2 distro. I wrote a quartet score using the two-file technique detailed in the manual (os-music.ly, os-score.ly), using a little additional help from the opus-130 example included with the source. Everything works fine, including part extraction, but there's one thing that I cannot seem to do. I'd like to put the usual sort of performance indication at the beginning ("Allegro," for example), but have it appear only above the orchestra staff in the full score while appearing in each extracted part. If one puts it in the\notes for each voice as a text grob attached to a note or rest, it of course appears above every voice in the score, which looks silly. On the other hand, this is the only way I know of to have it appear in an extracted part.

Is there a way to put such an indication in the "global" settings along with key and meter? I notice that there is an attempt to do something this in the opus-130.ly, but it does not appear in the printout at all. It reads:

\property Voice.TextScript \set #'font-style = #'large
   s8^"Allegro assai"

As I said, this has absolutely no effect on the Postscript result at all; it's as if it never existed, at least on my setup.

Such a capability should also include the potential for changes, such as a section in a new tempo. In the "global" list I guess it would appear as a \skip.

Thanks so much.

Carter

--

|Carter Brey (address@hidden)|