Grammar and music.

From: SOULLARD Clement
Subject: Grammar and music.
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 13:25:27 +0200

There is a few GPL project on music writing on the Internet. Most of the
more serious project are based on tex.
My aim is to make a Finale clone for Linux. There is a long time I'm
thinking of this but the task is huge, I'll probably need help.
Porcessing music sheet under tex is a compilation so in a sense this is far
from the an event driven application like Finale, but the rules are the
same.
And I'm looking for a document like a grammar for the Music typing to
integrate into my specification of the core component.

When designing LilyPond you might define this in a doc. Where can I find it
if it exist.

Also, this mail is to let you know about Piano (Alternate-take) project.

You can find a presentation and a start of specs at
http://mapage.noos.fr/pianoat