Re: First edition of famous unpublished works on Mutopia?

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: Re: First edition of famous unpublished works on Mutopia?
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 10:59:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 23 May 2002, Chris Sawer wrote:

> > Maybe we should ask if we can somehow get access to some of the works and
> > try to publish it on mutopia?  I think it would be nice if there were some
> > piece of famous baroque music that has been first published on mutopia...
>
> Unless I've missed something, the page above doesn't mention any of the music
> being digitised, so presumably it only exists in the original paper form ATM.
> Therefore, if anyone wants to do any work with them, they'd have to go to
> Kiev.

The news is, that the complete archive finally has been taken back to
Germany a few weeks ago, namely to the Staatsbibliothek Berlin, and will
be "made available for research and practice after sighting" (translated
from the first paragraph of the cited web page), though, as far as I could
see, the page does not mention anything about the conditions (is it made
available freely?).

Greetings,
Juergen