Re: missing dlls

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: missing dlls
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 01:20:25 +0200

Deborah Lowrey <address@hidden> writes:

> I have downloaded Lilypond for Windows and installed 5 different
> times.

When was the last time you downloaded setup.exe?  Did you download it
from

    http://lilypond.org/cygwin/setup.exe

?  What happens if you do, and run that?

> At first I thought I'd had problems with downloading etc. But
> each time I get error messages during installation that
> cygintl-1.dll and cygpng2.dll are missing. Should I just continue on
> with the troubleshooting info or is the missing dll's going to be a
> problem?

I'm sorry you have this problem.  We've had other problem reports, but
the source of the problem is still unknown.  I have not been able to
reproduce this problem.

As far as I know, none of the programs that LilyPond requires, make
use of the two dll's you mention.

At the time of these other bug reports, a flawed setup.exe has been
posted at http://cygwin.com.

Please just try re-downloading and running setup.exe from the above
url.  If you still have problems, you can try installing the packages
libintl1 and libpng2, using http://cygwin.com/setup.exe

In any case, tell us if how you succeeded or if you still have problems.

Greetings,
Jan.