Re: music-font

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: music-font
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 11:08:03 +0200

> On Mon, 2002-05-27 at 22:42, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> > Could you please try the command
> >
> > lilypond -V Documentation/user/out/lily-1452586523.ly
> >
> > and send the output to the mailing list.
> > I'm not able to repeat your problem here.
>
> GNU LilyPond 1.5.58
> [/usr/share/lilypond/scm/lily.scm]Now processing:
> `Documentation/user/out/lily-1
> 452586523.ly'
> Parsing...[/usr/share/lilypond/ly/init.ly[/usr/share/lilypond/ly/declarations-in

OK, what probably happens is that your newly compiled lilypond
program reads the initialization files from a previous installation
in /usr/share/lilypond/...
Did you run 'make install' and where did it install the files?
Do you have the same problem as Maurizio that not even ly2dvi
works (having run 'make install')?

However, this is a bug in the make files, since it should be
possible to build a new version without removing an existing
installation. The strange thing is that the Makefiles indeed set
temporary environment variables that should solve problem. We
discussed it on the mailing list some week ago and Han-Wen didn't
manage to repeat the bug.

Could you please try the following (assuming that you still have
files from some older Lilypond version in /usr/share/lilypond/):

- First of all, make sure that the environment variables
  $LILYPONDPREFIX and $LILYINCLUDE are undefined. If they
  were defined, we have hopefully found the problem.

- Set the environment variable LILYPONDPREFIX to
  the full path of the lilypond-1.5.58/ directory and
  try to rerun the make command.

- Set the environment variable LILYINCLUDE to "$LILYPONDPREFIX/ly"
  and try to rerun the make command.

   /Mats