Re: Brackets for excersise transcription

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Brackets for excersise transcription
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 15:31:12 +0200

Carlos Garcia Suarez wrote:
The attached file provides .ly input for a series or exercises for piano.

Well, you use a file, "spannish.ly" which is not part of standard lilypond and hence I cannot compile your example-file. Why not submit "spannish.ly" to the deveopment list so that other users could use it as well?

I have used the StaffGroup context to create a title for each staff, but I
would like to get rid of the bracket at the beginning of each line.

I don't really understand why you have the staffgroup if you don't need the bracket.
Can't you just replace i.e.

context StaffGroup = ad <
    \context ChordNames \ascenascenacordes
\context Staff = des { \property Staff.instrument = #'(lines "Ascendente" "Descendente") \ad }

with

% ad
\context ChordNames \ascenascenacordes
\context Staff = des { \property Staff.instrument = #'(lines "Ascendente" "Descendente") \ad }

-Rune