Re: Lilypond crashes while compiling this (correct) file...

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Lilypond crashes while compiling this (correct) file...
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 09:44:27 +0200

To find out which texmf.cnf file is actually used, run
>>kpsewhich texmf.cnf
The variables to increase are extra_mem_top, extra_mem_bot
and pool_size. Actually, the ly2dvi script sets these variables
as environment variables which overrides the settings in the
texmf.cnf file, so as long as you use ly2dvi and these settings
are not high enough, I'm afraid you have to edit the settings
in the ly2dvi file instead. Note: for the 1.4 series, this was
introduced in 1.4.13, so if you have 1.4.12 or older it may be
enough to upgrade.

If you change the settings and want to see if they have any
effect, run ly2dvi with the flag '-k' and look at the end
of the ly2dvi.dir/*.log file which contains some information
on the LaTeX memory statistics.

  /Mats