Re: letter size

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: letter size
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 09:14:32 +0000

 On Sat, 08 Jun 2002 13:33:24 Rune Zedeler wrote:
> David Raleigh Arnold wrote:

> The shifting gets wrong, but this can be handled with the
> offset-argument of dvips.

A3 is taller or shorter than A4?

I have tried that rather thoroughly, and what I *usually* get is a
choice between the copyright and/or taglines and the page numbers. I
haven't tried other footers. So the output is satisfactory only
sometimes, unless you are printing a taller size than A4.

> We agree that this is very bad, but the output is nice, though.
> -Rune

I wish. Thank you so much for your reply. I strongly suspect a
relationship between these threads. The problem has something to do with
the way latex does page numbers and/or footers and/or the way ly2dvi and
lilypond-book specify them. I'm going to try LC's solutions and see if
nirvana ensues. She apparently has been here and done that. :-)

DaveA